Perfectly positioned to take advantage of the vibrant St Kilda lifestyle, this iconic Summerland Mansions apartment is a rare offering in a tightly-held, highly prized block.
Built in 1920 on the first piece of Crown Land to ever be sold in St Kilda, Summerland Mansions is one of Melbourne's most iconic, historically charming landmarks. Situated on one of St Kilda's most sought-after parcels of land, Summerland Mansions was one of the first European-style apartment blocks in Melbourne and features a sophisticated mix of inter-war and classical arts and crafts architecture.
Featuring approx. 175m2 of living space, this richly detailed first-floor apartment has been modernised for contemporary living and features three bedrooms (two with BIRs, main opening to bar balcony off second living). A fully renovated kitchen, bathroom and laundry, flow through to a relaxed family room, dining room and second north-facing living room (OFP) with picture frame windows of the St Kilda palm trees, Cantani Gardens, St Kilda pier, and beyond.
Entrance to Apartment Three is via Acland Street, where original letter boxes, security intercom, dark timber detailing and a European-style staircase nestle behind the historical facade. Inside the apartment, polished Jarrah floorboards, gas heating, an antique finish mirror and built-in display cabinetry compliment the retained Summerland Mansions features such as soaring 3m ceilings, original French doors and incredibly generous proportions.
Retreat to the quiet, tranquil space of the established private communal gardens accessed via the rear of the property, or walk only footsteps to the beach, the famed Hotel Esplanade or the lively restaurants of Acland Street.
A rare, once-in-a-lifetime offering, this piece of St Kilda history is an opportunity not to be missed.
Following official public health advice surrounding the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, and in the interest of public safety for our clients and our staff, Belle Property St Kilda kindly asks that clients entering our open homes or our office comply with the following:
* Wear a mask indoors, unless an exemption applies. Masks must be worn outdoors where a physical distance of 1.5m cannot be maintained.
* Register upon arrival via the unique Victorian Government QR code provided
* Do not exceed 10 people at one time during an inspection
* Do not exceed 50 people at one time during an outdoor auction
* People cannot travel between regional Victoria and Metro Melbourne for inspections or auctions
* The density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies in all cases i.e. offices, inspections, and auctions
* Disclose if you have a cold or any flu-like symptoms
* Disclose if you, or someone you live with, is in self-isolation because there is a reason to suspect that they have been exposed to COVID-19
* Practice good hygiene, including hand washing or applying alcohol-based sanitiser before entering the premises
* Avoid touching all fixtures, fittings and furniture within the homes during open for inspections and instead ask our agents to demonstrate the functionality of any devices if required
As always, we consider our obligations to our team, our clients and our community our first and most important priority and will continue to work closely with our advisors enabling us to remain proactive and measured, with appropriate precaution.
*PLEASE NOTE ALL EMAIL ENQUIRIES MUST CONTAIN A PHONE NUMBER*
**You are invited to step into the property and explore more, by clicking on the relevant links which include video, interactive Floorplans & Interactive Tour to enable kitchen updates using our photo styling tools or to utilise our furnishing and measuring service**
***Macquarie DEFT Auction Pay available on this property on auction day***
Brought to you by