Hidden away amid 17.3 acres of land, this rustic mud-brick home is positioned in a celebrated rural neighbourhood that’s less than ten minutes’ drive away from Daylesford. In a world of its own that feels as if it’s a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of suburbia, the property is sure to pique the interest of those yearning for a relaxed rural retreat of sizeable dimensions or those looking to realise their ‘dreamscape’ vision with plenty of land and buildings to shape that lifestyle dream into reality.
Well-insulated to keep you cool in summer and warm in winter, the charming residence is wrapped in a 2.4m verandah from where you’ll get to enjoy some of the most spectacular sunsets you’ve ever seen. The flexible floorplan showcases three bedrooms, two living zones, bathroom with a separate toilet, large laundry, and a big attic with power.
Encouraging a healthy active way of live with wide open spaces and an abundance of land providing endless opportunities for outdoor activity, riding dirt bikes, kids’ playtime, and getting in touch with nature, this is undeniably a home that will have couples, families, hobby farm, horse enthusiasts and ‘tree changers’ heading for the hills.
Moreover, the fence- in round yard, dressage space and lots of room for shelter and a large shed that could be converted into a stable and tack room will no doubt hold huge for equestrian folk.
Additional highlights include magical Eastern Hill and Kooroocheang Hills views, a permanent nearby spring-fed creek, water tank, bore, electric hot water, solar panels, fruit orchards, veggie patch, unlimited Telstra Satellite Internet, numerous sheds and 7 x paddocks with access to water.
All this is capped off by a whisper-quiet location with no through traffic that’s less than 10 min to Vincent Street’s shopping and foodie mecca in Daylesford, 10 minutes to Jimmy Frangos’ Swiss Mount Hotel offering delicious dining and drinks, 20 minutes to min to Creswick, 35 minutes to Ballarat and 90 minutes to Melbourne.
Unlike anything you’ve seen before, this is a home that’s worth adding to your viewing list.
· 3bed| 1bath|2 living | 4+ cars
· Steel Frame Sustainable Mud-brick Home
· House 9m x 18m, 162sqm
· 17.3 acres - 76 hectares
· 7 fenced paddocks
· 2 dams
· Multiple sheds, shelters and a large shed containing 2 workshop and 2 studio spaces
· Toilet: Septic
· Bottled Gas: bottled not mains, used for cooktop
· Electric : mains, used for oven, bore pump
· Solar panels 1.8kw , converter 5kw capacity
· Water : tank and bore, hot water electric
· Tanks: x2 6000 gallons, x2 5500 gallons, x1 header 800gallons (112k lire’s in total)
· Two tanks at top 6000 and 5500 are bore and two at house are rain water
· Two dams: top feeds the second dam. Charlie Powell’s dam.
· Water: never ran out
· Sheds for dogs, fowl, projects
· Heating : wood fire
· Cooling : ceiling fan
· Views: Eastern hill and Kooroocheang hills
· Orchard : apples, pears, cherries, plums, peach, quince, fig, malburrys, passionfruit, lemon, limes, grapefruit, orange, cumulative, mandarin (25 plus trees)
· Vegetable patch
• no dog/pets are to be brought onto site for the safety of residence “chickens/ducks”, at vendors request.