An experienced and knowledgeable real estate agent can be your most valuable asset when selling a property, helping to guide you through the process from start to finish and secure the best deal possible.
In this blog, our agents outline the essential questions you should be asking a potential agent, and yourself, before enlisting them to sell your property.
How do they operate?
Use these questions to get a general feel for the agent, and to help understand how they work, their results, and the extent of their buyer network for a property like yours.
- What type of properties do they specialise in?
- What type of services do they offer?
- What is their track record for selling properties in your local market?
- Can they provide strong references from their most recent clients?
- Do they have client testimonials or case studies that you can review?
- Can they share their key metrics, such as days on the market or auction clearance rates?
- Are their current listings similar to yours?
- Do they have a strong buyer database for properties like yours?
- What kind of reach do they have?
- How are they involved in the local community?
What’s their view of your property?
Drill down into their assessment of your property, including its estimated value, buyers they think it would appeal to, and the sales and marketing strategies they would deploy in the campaign.
- How much do they think your property is worth?
- How long do they think it will take to sell your property?
- What sale type do they feel is the best option for your property?
- Who do they believe is your target market?
- What updates do they feel need to be made to your property?
- What do they feel are your property’s unique selling points?
- What makes your property different from your competition?
- Which marketing and sales strategies would they use in the property campaign?
- How do they intend to use their network to give your property reach?
- How much will you be expected to invest in marketing?
Can you work with them?
Being able to collaborate and communicate well with your agent can help to secure the best outcome for your property. Before selecting your selling agent, take a moment to look past the business case to make sure you can work with them on both a professional and interpersonal level.
- Do you feel comfortable with the agent?
- Are they attentive and do they listen to your needs?
- Do they have strong local market knowledge?
- Are they transparent with you?
- How knowledgeable are they about your property/local market?
- Do their ideas align with yours or add to yours?
- Are they a strong communicator?
- How efficiently do they follow up with you?
- Have you researched them? Take a look at their online or social media presence, comments and reviews – Google My Business and Rate My Agent are great places to start.
Belle Property is built on the strength and quality of our extensive network. Our people are not simply real estate agents; they are trusted advisors and negotiators, servicing buyers, sellers and investors both locally and globally with inimitable customer service and unwavering dedication.
Find the right agent for your property with your local Belle Property office.